Baked Sea Bream with lemon, chilli and garlic
- 2 whole sea bream
- 2 Tsps Italian Seasoning
- 3 cloves garlic, finely sliced
- 1 dried red chilli, crumbled
- 1 lemon sliced
- 85ml dry white wine
1. Cut two large pieces of foil (each big enough to form a ‘tent’ round the fish) and lightly oil the centre.
2. Place a row of sliced lemon on the foil
3. Make 3 slashes in the flesh of the bream
4. Season inside and out with salt and pepper
5. In the cavity sprinkle some of the Italian season half the garlic and half the chilli.
6. Scatter over the top the rest of the chilli, garlic and seasoning.
7. Drizzle with olive oil.
8. Fold up the foil around the edges and pour in the wine.
9. Fold the top over and scrunch together to make a tent. Ensure that you leave enough space for the fish to steam.
10. Place the parcels on a baking-sheet and cook in an oven preheated to 200°C/400°F/gas mark 6 for 20 to 25 minutes.
11. Check to make sure the fish is cooked through by putting a knife into the thickest part.
12. Either serve on the plate still wrapped in foil or transfer to a warmed plate with the juices poured over.
13. Serve with baby potatoes and a green such as asparagus, tender stem broccoli or green beans